Contact me if you’re interested in a resume – this is a web-friendly overview.
Sound for television, film, and web/online content
- Documentary (genres such as social/cultural topics, nature, sports)
- Scripted comedy and drama
- Cartoons (Domestic & foreign cartoons dubbed to English)
- Reality (including 14 seasons of ABC’s “The Bachelor” and related series)
- Game shows
- Cooking shows
- Educational series
- Daily web shows (about news, entertainment, music, lifestyle, sports)
- English dubs of foreign language shows/films
I’ve worked on series for all the major US networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox), streaming services (Netflix, Amazon), and many cable networks (MTV, VH1, Nat Geo, Cartoon Network, Food Network, PBS, SyFy, plus others).
Primary job duties
- Re-recording mixer (including promo and pre-dub mixing)
- Sound supervisor
- Music score mixer
I started my formal audio education in 1999, finished two degrees, and got into post-production sound in LA in 2004.
If you look at my iMDB credits, I’ve worn a lot of hats. There’s two main reasons:
1. My introduction to post-production sound was working for a studio (Pacific Soundwaves, which is no longer around). I had industry veterans teaching me to do everything from ADR and Foley to sound editing and mixing. It was an amazing environment (and an experience I wish more people could have)! It prepared me for a wide variety of opportunities that came up over the years.
2. Working on indie projects (such as feature-length films). When you’re the one responsible for everything sound-related start to finish, you learn about everything from tech to scheduling. I’ve even done troubleshooting in Premiere to help some assistant editors in a technical crisis. Sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to meet a deadline!
What I like to do for work
I consider every project and job case-by-case. For me, it’s not so much about the genre or the job title. I like interesting projects, work that I find challenging or creative, and working with people who treat their crew with respect. Every project is unique, too, because of who’s behind it (whether it’s a corporation, studio or a single person).
I love documentaries, though. I have a soft spot for them.
Please contact me if you’re interested in working together on a project.